Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lummi Dry Dock and Island Mountains

Every September the Lummi Island ferry goes to dry dock for maintenance and very often repairs. In a past period I was always up on the latest hull repair costs to the old boat, but I had never experienced dry dock directly. I have had an ongoing project on Lummi so I had my chance recently. Passenger only ferry service is provided by the Salish Sea during dry dock. As I have been going walk on anyway the difference for me was how I had to park from the ferry landing on the main land side. 
 


On my walk back to the car, I had nice views of the two highest island peaks as a frontal system began to arrive.
Mount Constitution on Orcas Island with the northern part of Lummi in the foreground 

Lummi Peak, the mountainous south half of Lummi Island

No comments: